We are nearly at the time of year to renew your membership for 2022-23. Reminders will be sent out at the beginning of March to renew your Membership and Boat fees by 01-Apr-22.
Over the last year there have been many improvements around the clubhouse – the new lift was a significant and much needed capital investment, the gazebo has already proved its worth in both foul weather and fair, and there were numerous other improvements such as new picnic benches, the redecorated changing rooms and enhancements to our galley facility, alongside ongoing maintenance, and repair, of our club RIBS, sailing equipment and two new quest dinghies for our club fleet.
This coming year we are planning further investment to improve our facilities, with investigations well underway for the potential automation of our access gates, plans starting to take shape for improvements to our slipways to try and create wider, safe, launching and recovery areas, and ongoing improvements to modernise our bar and other club areas.
Taking this into account, alongside anticipated rises in utility and supplier costs, we have agreed increases across most of our membership fees this year. The increases amount to around 5%, and for example equates to an increase of £14 to £290 for family members and £11 to £223 for individual members, together with a £5 increase in boat fees to £95.
There are a few things you can do to help things go smoothly:
- Please check that the information in your WebCollect account is up to date:
- check your email & postal addresses are correct
- check you have the right membership type (and haven’t grown out of, or into a different category!)
- you have a boat fee for all your boats.
- Please also check your contact details and duty preferences within Dutyman using the ‘Update your contact details’ button on the right-hand side.
- If you have decided not to renew this year please let our membership secretary know as soon as possible, and if you have a gate key to return we can refund your deposit.
- A further reminder if you normally pay your fees by direct debit – we do not automatically debit your account on 1stApril. You still need to log into WebCollect to check & renew your subscription(s) and select direct debit for your payment method to provide the necessary authorisation for us to collect your fee
If you have questions or need some help, please contact Rosie: email@example.com
I hope that, like me, you consider the price of membership continues to represent excellent value and will join us for another year of sailing on our fantastic lake.
Pizza Night Wednesday 23-Feb-22
Dont forget this Wednesday evening it’s Antonia and Ben’s fantastic Pizza night at the club again. This week you can also take part in a quiz crafted by John Kelly with a bottle of wine up for grabs to the winner
The weekend of 26/27-Feb-22 sees us host the Bath Robe Team racing event. The clubhouse, changing rooms and car park will be busier than normal, particularly on Sunday when the Frostbite series racing also continues. These team racing events offer fantastic viewing with racing often immediately in front of the clubhouse, so even if you are not sailing it’s worth coming to watch.