No sailing tomorrow, Wednesday 18-Mar-20

Following yesterday’s announcements relating to Covid 19, coronavirus, we have taken the decision to suspend sailing for tomorrow. The duty team is understandably unable to attend. Looking ahead, the General Committee are aiming for an online meeting tomorrow evening. We are taking advice, reviewing the guidance and I will be in touch again before the weekend.

I am sure that, like Steve and I, you are all still coming to terms with these extraordinary circumstances and thinking through how to manage our lives with respect to our own health, that of colleagues, family and friends and our work and other commitments.

With very best wishes to everyone and please do get in touch. I’d be very happy to hear members thoughts.

In the meantime, here are some of the “normal” news items that we wanted to share- specific activities are obviously subject to review.

Thank you to Keith who stood in as RO on Sunday at short notice.

Membership Renewals

Many thanks to everyone who has renewed their membership already – it’s a huge help to our Membership Secretary, Rosie. If you intend to renew but haven’t done so yet please do so as soon as possible. If you have any questions or would like guidance, contact Rosie. Please note she will NOT be in the clubhouse this Wednesday, 18-Mar-20, as previously advertised.

If you haven’t received your Membership Renewal Email do let Rosie know.

Instructors and aspiring instructors -your club needs you:

Would you like to help support the amazing training programme for youngsters and adults? If you are a RYA qualified dinghy instructor, senior instructor, race coach or assistant instructor and not on our list already, or you are interested in training to become one, Cathy Bartram, Dave Orme (RYA Principal and Chief Instructor respectively) and Nick Edmonds (youth coordinator) are keen to hear from you. Qualification lapsed? they’d be happy to help you revalidate.

Contact Cathy Bartram

Pontoon update.

We are in contact with the insurance company.
The Pontoon and Dock Company have visited and assessed the damage. We await quotes for replacement, “like for like” and a recommended different system. Thanks to Brian Brooks for keeping this moving.
There is a suggestion to use the sections on the shore and remaining anchors to make a temporary arrangement. Weather dependent of course- so there may be a short notice request for volunteers.